Thursday, August 2, 2018

Dee's Promotion


 

Dee's Promotion
 
 On July 1, 2006, Dee (our daughter-in-law) was promoted to Head of Business Enterprise Sales HR (Human Relations)....with her own office. Dee holds the position of Senior Project Manager, West Region....a position she still holds today. Dee works for the AT&T Telephone Company, and our son, Edward, also works for AT&T in the position of System Tech/System Administrator/SD Work.

On the slideshow above are photos of Dee from her 18th birthday etc. Also included are photos I took when Edward & Dee took Dave & me to dinner to celebrate our 47th wedding anniversary. They drove us to Hana Japan, in Dublin, CA (A favorite place of theirs) and the food was absolutely delicious.


 When Dee came into our life our son, Edward, asked, “Mom what do you think about me dating a redhead!” I answered, “Edward...you cannot afford a girlfriend!” In spite of it all.....he not only dated this pretty redhead, but he married her on January 20, 1990. Well......Edward met his match in Dee, and now nineteen years later I tell myself, “Thank goodness he didn’t listen to me!” If I could handpick the perfect gal for Edward....it would be Dee!


 Dee has been a wonderful daughter-in-law to Dave & me. Dee had her hands full when she got ME for a mother-in-law! In spite of it all, Dee's sensitivity, common sense, and caring heart.....changed ME into the mother-in-law I am today! Dee always tells me, “You have evolved!”


Dave and I are very proud of Dee’s accomplishments, and the way she brings out the best in our son, Edward. I am so proud to share this wonderful evaluation letter of Dee, which was written by Dee's boss. Definitely a moment in time.....


Written by Dee’s boss (2/4/2007)


Delores supported me as my executive assistant from January to August then transitioned into the role of HAL. In both roles, Delores has excelled. Delores exceeded every one of my expectations as my assistant. Delores demonstrated a degree of maturity and leadership as my assistant that often enabled us to manage my organization through many difficult times. Delores excels in managing through ambiguous situations and in understanding how to take a problematic situation and to create a plan of attack to over come the problem. Her demeanor and outlook provided a role model for all the employees in our organization. She is one of the most optimistic and sincere people I have worked with.

 As our organization’s HAL, Delores continually strives to excel in what she takes on, always driving towards doing an outstanding job rather than accepting mediocrity. Our organization went through significant change in 2006 as legacy T employees were migrated to legacy S systems and processes. Delores was extremely proactive in guiding each of our team members through the processes and in assuring complete understanding and compliance to the new systems and processes. She thinks of things long before any of the rest of us do. Her proactive nature and attention to excellence have made her an invaluable member of this team. She is often called upon by other members of the HR and the HAL community to help in understanding the systems and in how to help employees. Delores is a true asset to this team and our company.
 


 
Vonnie (Hoops-Vizcarra) Beattie
Class of 1960
Yamato High School
Air Force Japan Dependents School
Yamato Air Station, Japan
 
 "Welcome to Vonnie’s World”
 
"My Yamato High School Website"
http://www.yamatohs.com/
 
Email




 
 
                                             









 

No comments:

Post a Comment